Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm A Dreamer


After long sundays, I often retire to my room to think about the day's events. Or at least my favorite weekly activity. Sundays are lesson days for me. With my mom being a single parent, we could only afford lessons once a week. Distance wasn't an issue, the Equus Riding Academy was just down the street. Like most things seemed to come down to now, money was the issue.


Instead of focusing on that, I have always preferred to focus on the highlight of my day. Kismet. Kismet is my favorite schooling horse I have ever ridden. He's the gelding that lead so many of the Academy's riders to be confident in the saddle. He's like an old, wise man. The way to describe Kismet accurately as possible is calm, in a he's seen it all before way.


Most of my day had been spent on grooming Kismet, as my lesson had to be cancelled due to my instructor getting sick. I liked to keep him looking nice, and the Academy's  stable helpers sure appreciated it. Kismet has this joy of rolling around in dirt and mud when nobody is watching.


Seeing Kismet finally clean after he's been caked in mud from rolling is really satisfying. Just spending time with Kismet can make my week the best it possibly could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment